Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 4 :: The Roseville Library

I'm going to keep this one short. I understand why the library is welcoming to many folks... avid readers, researchers, those desperately seeking a quiet setting (you know who you are), etc. However,... not one of those 'repeat' places for me. Functionally, I could probably achieve most of what the library has to offer me here at home on my computer. And again, I know for many of you, having the books themselves to page through and ponder offers something the internet can't, but that just isn't something that appeals to the senses of this individual. Museums, on the other hand, are something I could enjoy, whereas someone else might feel can be equally attained on the internet.

Which brings me to the highlight of the evening.

Per some friends' suggestions, Addie and I each 'checked out' some museum entrance vouchers from the library. Each person is allowed one voucher (good for 2 people). I checked out a voucher for the Russian Museum, and Addie checked out a voucher for the Bakken Museum. Both museums come highly recommended to us. For someone who is trying to achieve this whole 30-day thing on a tight budget, 'free' admission is 'just the ticket!'



I've had to 'adjust' the month a bit. Here's what I have to date:

Day 1 (Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011) :: snow sculptures - DONE 
Day 2 (Monday) :: finish oil painting - DONE  
Day 3 (Tuesday) :: build igloo - DONE 
Day 4 (Wednesday) :: Night at the Library - DONE

Day 5 (Thursday) :: Bakken Museum 
Day 6 (Friday) :: poker tournament 
Day 7 (Saturday) :: host a friends' get-together 
Day 8 (Sun., Feb.6) :: walk for 3 hours 
Day 9 (Mon) :: live music at 331 Club - or other recommended venue 
Day 10 (Tue) :: Museum of Russian Art 
Day 11 (Wed) :: ice fishing? (don't have the resources yet... but, will inquire) 
Day 12 (Thur) :: Walker Art Center 
Day 13 (Fri) :: chaperone 3rd grade group visiting Wildlife Center in Forest Lake 
Day 14 (Sat) :: puppet show and workshop 
Day 15 (Sun) :: snowshoe at the Arboretum 
Day 16 (Mon) :: make a romantic 5-course meal 
Day 17 (Tue) :: write a poem 
Day 18 (Wed) :: ?? 
Day 19 (Thu) :: The Cellars - wine tasting - "North by Northwest" - 7:00 - 8:00pm 
Day 20 (Fri) :: make homemade pizza and dessert pizza 
Day 21 (Sat. Feb. 19) :: Jump into a frozen lake to raise funds for Polar Bear exhibit 
Day 22 (Sun. Feb 20) :: Como Zoo 
Day 23 (Mon. Feb. 21) :: volunteer at 'Feed My Starving Children' 
Day 24 (Tue. Feb. 22) :: winter camp 
Day 25 (Wed. Feb. 23) :: tour the Guthrie Theater 
Day 26 (Thu. Feb. 24) :: Minneapolis Institute of the Arts 
Day 27 (Fri. Feb. 25) :: ?? 
Day 28 (Sat. Feb. 26) :: ?? 
Day 29 (Sun. Feb. 27) :: ?? 
Day 30 (Monday, Feb. 28, 2011) :: ??

No comments: