Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 10 :: Spinning

I'll be honest... spinning always sounded sort of 'girly' to me. I know that's shallow and somewhat sexist, but it just didn't seem like something I wanted to brag about doing. However, after tonight, I could honestly hold my head high as I tell others of the 'spinning class' I took... as they mock me for being girly.

'Spinning' is just a horrible name for a strenuous workout on a stationary bike. Tonight's 'cycling' excursion lasted 45 minutes. Thanks to my friend, Reina, I was able to enter the gates of the enormous Lifetime Fitness on a guest pass.

Although I endured the entirety of the 45-minute workout, I did so at my own pace. The instructor set the pace for a certain heart attack, but I chose to avoid the early death, and went on more of a 'stroll' in the country. Never-the-less, my legs are still putty, and three hours later, I'm still a bit light headed.

For those of you out there, seeking to find continuous ways to keep healthy, I recommend this one. Mostly because you could set your own pace, without too much shame. I chose to keep my 'seat' on the seat when others were 'climbing the hill,' and I didn't even get any dirty looks. Everyone's a winner!


Tomorrow
Regarding tomorrow night, I have nothing planned yet. The ice-fishing thing hasn't been secured. I considered another art museum, but I believe I'll have three or four by the time the 30-days are over. Other options, like the Como Zoo, close at 4:00 or 5:00. I may go check out the Guthrie, or possibly stay home and work on an ice sculpture. I'm sort of wiped out and fresh out of any great ideas. If anyone has any suggestions... feel free to fling them my way.

No comments: